Monday, March 23, 2009

A message from Laney:




I have watched and heard my parents doing this "blog" thing over the last 12 weeks. I thought to myself , "Why should they get to have all the fun? I want my turn in the spotlight!" So this is my update. Well I won't restate what they have said but I will update you all from where they left off.


I just wanted to start with an update on how I am doing.
I am actually doing quite well. I made it to the 1300 gram mark. I know I still have a long way to go but I can see that 3 lbs on the horizon and am anxious to get there. Of course I have stored most of what I have gained in my cheeks and even created a new chin! I wonder if there is a limit of how many chins I can have before I obstruct my airway? Anyway, I am still on this stupid C-pap and they are no closer to getting a seal on it than they were a week ago. It is frustrating and my face is tired but I am getting stronger and I know someday soon I will get off this machine and it will just be a thing of the past. I probably won't even remember it. Dr. Snyder has been my doctor the last 3 days. I have not seen him since the night I was born. I think I have a crush on him. I wonder if you always get a crush on the doctor especially when they save your life? He has been great and has increased my feeds to 25ml and started me on albuterol treatments today. They seem to help. I don't seem to dip into the 70's or 60's on oxygen saturation as often and I recover faster when I do desat a little. I really like that doctor. Mommy and daddy think he looks like Clark Kent. To me he is just Superman! What else....Suzy, my nurse, made a new copy of my feet prints yesterday! You thought my feet were big before...holy cow you should see them now! Tomorrow Kim, another nurse, is going to do my hand prints when I fall really asleep. Yesterday I got to lay around with daddy for 2 hours and today I got to hang out with mommy for 2 hours. I do love getting out of this bed for a while. Today when mommy put me back I woke right up and sat and stared at her while she talked to me for about 20 minutes! Not sure what she was saying but she just kept talking in this high pitched voice that I notice people only use when they talk to me. Strange. I wonder why adults do that? I still have to have this C-pap on when they hold me but I think I am on the verge of not needing it when they hold me. There isn't too much more to report. I mean when you lay around all day in a bed they call the giraffe and you sleep for 23 hours of the day it can be hard to find new stuff to report. For now I am doing good and workin on getting stronger every day. To finish I will show you some pictures of my new belly!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! That was cute! If babies could talk, they probably actually would say all the things you said in here. ; )

    She is looking good- definitely plumping up in her belly! That's great! And up to 25cc feeds now, AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete