Sunday, April 12, 2009

Laney's Easter Update:

Happy Easter Everyone! Wow, my first real holiday! Mom and Dad said I wasn't born quick enough to get on the Easter Bunnies radar screen this year. Rats! No Easter basket. They said for sure next year the Easter Bunny would bring me something. Luckily, Grandma knew the Easter Bunny wasn't coming so she made me a little Easter basket with books and blankets. Thanks Grandma!
I have lots of news for everyone today. Since mom and dad last updated you I had an eye exam. I HATE them. I keep hearing people say that when I scream like I do with an eye exam it is good for my lungs. I tend to disagree. My throat is sore after...what is good about that? But the doctor said that my eyes are doing ok and I don't have to have another exam for 2 weeks!
We had a little craziness here the other night. In one of the sections of the NICU some steam was leaking in from a pipe that broke somewhere in the building. Apparently it go really hot and humid in that section so all the babies had to be moved. So I got a new roommate, which I usually don't mind. I like to meet new people. This boy was cute and we were the same age. (He was a little short for me though.) This new roommate made my room awfully crowded! Thank goodness I was in a crib so I took up less room but when mom and dad tried to sit with me it got a little cramped. Luckily, it was only for a day or two. They got that section of the NICU fixed and all cleaned so I batted my eyes at the nurses and negotiated a great spot in a room over there. It is a room that can only hold 2 babies instead of three and it has a view of the mountains! I love it. There is so much room for mom and dad to spread out and I cannot believe how quite it is. I love my sleep and I need it to grow so this is working out perfectly! For now I don't even have a roommate!
My current weight is 4 lbs. 1 oz. I weighed a little more but I was retaining a little fluid so they have me medication to get rid of it. Hopefully this will help me need less oxygen and eventually get all this stuff off of my face! Once that happens, maybe they will quit suctioning my nose! Next to eye exams that is the other thing I hate!




Well, it is time for a diaper change and some lunch then maybe a nap. I will go wake up mom and get her moving, she has work to do. That is all for now from Laney's Crib (that is what I call my room). I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
Love,
Laney

1 comment:

  1. hello :) i was wondering if you guys were affected by the steam problem in the NICU! glad they got it all figured out :) i love all of the pictures :) she is so tiny!!! the clothes that she swims in look so cute though :)

    ReplyDelete