Wednesday, January 14, 2009

23 weeks and counting...

Well, we went to the doctor this afternoon. We were hoping for some fluid to accumulate around the baby. Unfortunately there wasn't any. Luckily the baby looks great! Her heart rate was 153 which is great. She seems to be holding her own. So we are greatful she is dealing so well and doesn't have any kind of infection. All things considered this is good news it just makes us worry about her lung development. So we are back on bedrest for another week. Then they ship me off to what I refer to as "solitary confinement" otherwise known as antipartum. I am sure it will be totally fine but I have to say I am not super excited about giving up the comfort of being in my own home. The up side of the situation is that the baby will be monitored more closely and it will be comforting to see how she is doing a couple times a day instead of once a week. I will gladly give up my living room to be able to hear her little heart beat. Mostly I feel sorry for Kevin having to commute the hospital while trying to take care of the house and the pets. He doesn't seem to mind. When we check into the hospital they will give steroids to speed up the development of her lungs and they will give me antibiotics to help prevent infection. Then we will just take it one day at a time.
All things considered we are doing great. Of course we are worried but we have been having lots of fun spending lots of time together at home. We really want to thank everyone for the incredible outpouring of support. It has been great to hear from people we have not heard from in a while. We appreciate all of the prayers, positive thoughts, and food! We are very lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful family and friends. Thanks again for everything.
My next challenge is finding some new hobbies. As most of you know I love to cook but that is not only hard to do from a bed but harder to do in the hospital. So if anyone has any ideas I am looking for options. I know, I should be studying for board exams but I will get to that, promise.
The Meyer's

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    I've got several bags full of books--all different kinds. Want me to bring them by to see if any look good to you? I'm going to try to keep collecting magazines. Sudoku? Crosswords?....do you know embroidery? I'm looking for some coaching.
    Angie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will drop off the first of the Barimaeous Trilogy sometime soon. Also, any crafting you want to learn/do just let me know - i can most likely set you up. I take it knitting just isn't doing it for you? hee hee Will talk soon - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie! I'm so sorry I haven't written. I've been uber busy, but please know that I check the blog daily for updates and also pray daily for this baby. I have a feeling God has something really amazing in store for you and Kevin....He is showing you that you can trust Him. It's all gonna be okay!! I'm so glad you made it to 23 weeks....I am cheering along with you!!! This baby is definitely a fighter...better watch out when she gets older!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angie, I am so excited to hear your little "Chicken" is doing well. My cousin did bedrest in the hospital when she was pregnant and it's not so bad as long as people bring you lots of treats, which it sounds like you will get plenty. I will keep you in my prayers!

    Love, Garc

    ReplyDelete