Thursday, January 22, 2009

We made it to the second leg...

We made it to the hospital! We checked in yesterday. I was a little sad to leave my comfy bed in the living room but it was a huge relief to think we made it this far. We checked in and they didn't waste any time. They got antibiotics going right away and gave me the shot for steroids for her lungs. I got one more steroid shot today and that is it for that part. Now we just wait. I have a nice room. It has 3 huge windows with 2 of the 3 having not so great views but one has a great view of the mountains. In any case it is bright and sunny. Unfortunately Kevin's accomidations are not quite so plush and definately not made for someone 6ft. 6. They have a chair that makes into a bed but I either they were planning on smurfs or midgets sleeping on it. Friday we will have better accomidations for him and he may even be able to get some sleep.
The staff has been great and the doctors have come by a few times already. I am so glad I have these doctors. They will just sit and visit with you for a long time about nothing in particular or they will sit and answer your questions as long as you have them. I don't think I have had them spent less than 20 -30 minutes with me and the never make you feel hurried. Even after (or especially after) going through nursing school I have not seen doctors with such great bedside manners. I consider myself lucky.
We are monitoring the baby every 8 hours or so on the fetal monitor and so far she has done great! I have to say that I don't think she likes it. She wakes up most of the time and starts punching and kicking the monitor with all her might (which isn't much). I figure it is giving her some exercise. If there is an upside to all this it is that without the fluid we are able to sit and watch my tummy when she is awake and even at only 24 weeks you can see her hands and feet kicking. At first it is a little "alien in my belly" feeling now we just sit and laugh because it is so hearwarming and cute.
Thanks again to everyone who is stopping by to visit and to everyone that has brought us stuff. It is very much appreciated and really makes the days faster and brighter. We love you all.

The Meyer's

1 comment:

  1. Heaneymonster- I'm so glad you guys have made it this far and that things keep looking up. I can only imagine the roller coaster you've been on, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts for you! If I were still in Boise, I'd stop by the hospital to entertain you (but it's been a while since I've done the elephant). Good luck, and hang in there! ;) *Bean- in case you couldn't guess

    ReplyDelete