Saturday, January 10, 2009

The lone dishcloth...

Well I did it. I completed my first knitting project! A dishcloth. I know a little anti-climactic but hey it took about 6 hours and will make sure my dishes are sparkling clean! Don't kid yourself by thinking it was complicated in any way. No fancy patterns and no fancy stitches. No, this was a project in knit a row and pearl a row. (For those of you that don't knit, that is as simple as it gets.)

Saturdays are posing a new challenge for me. I used to thoroughly look forward to Saturday. It used to be a day of recovery, catch up, and playing. Saturday now has a little twist to it. After being the sole director of the remote control all week I have decided that it would be nice to relinquish the power to Kevin for a day. It is the least I can do after all the cooking and cleaning he has been doing. Unfortunately doing this on Saturday means that I am watching Michigan State play basketball and he has just enthusiastically informed me that the NFL playoffs are TODAY. Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching sports on TV in moderation. Usually it includes a team that you are a fan for. However, being married to someone from Michigan has proved to be a problem since Detroit went 0 and 16 this season! This kind of record can be tough for a fairweather fan.
What do you think....time to make the dishcloth a friend?

2 comments:

  1. You three are an inspiration. I am cheering for you to get through the next week and until that spunky child of yours decides it's her time to come.

    I'd like to join the cribbage bracket. Any room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaney! Cyndi Dawson sent me your blog. Wow, I'm thinking about you. I'm glad to hear you're seeing great doctors there, I'm sure they're taking amazing care of you and your little peanut.
    FYI, my sister in law went to Michigan State. Talk about school spirit! I feel for you ;)
    Karen LaDow Smith

    ReplyDelete