Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby's first Superbowl!

You know how the government has declared every day of the year as the day of something. Well today it is carrot day! So happy CARROT day to everyone!!! Personally, having carrots as part of a cake would be my preference but however you choose have a carrot. Your eyes will thank you!
Well, Sunday was the Superbowl. We often go somewhere to watch the game and eat delicious food. Since our mobility was limited this year we decided to have our own celebration! We got some pizza, chicken wings (these were in no way a morbid reference to our little chicken), chips and salsa, and of course ice cream! Once Kevin showed up with the food I promptly asked the nurse for a Zantac and we began our party. We had some friends stop by...a party is not a party without some friends. Kevin even snuck in a beer. I am pretty sure the reception on your TV will cease to exist without someone drinking a beer during the Superbowl. Either way we had a great time rooting for the underdog Arizona Cardinals. Of course it didn't work out in the end but it was by far one of the better Superbowl games I have seen in years. On top of it we won $10 on a bet we made with Kevin's dad!! We will put it on your tab Art.
Other than that our life has been pretty uneventful. The baby has been doing great on her monitor cycles (knock on wood). She is moving and kicking a good portion of the day. I don't know if this is normal or if I just feel every twitch she makes but I think she is getting plenty of exercise. Kevin has taken me on two wheelchair rides over the last few days. It has been great to get beyond these 4 walls and get some fresh air. However, his idea to optimize the distance we could cover on our excursions by tying the wheelchair to the back of the truck is still not my favorite!
Tomorrow will make 26 weeks! Thanks to eveyone. Your love and support has been key in getting us this far!
The Meyer's

1 comment:

  1. Angie & Kevin

    So happy to hear that you are at 26 weeks. Sounds like things are going great. Courtney & her friends had their own little Super Bowl party at our house (no beer I hope!)

    I love being able to check your blog. It makes me feel like I'm not so far away.

    We are all thinking of you! Rene, Suzette, Ashley & Courtney

    ReplyDelete