Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Little Valentine

As Valentine's Day approaches our thoughts are almost constantly on our little valentine. Things seem to have stabilized a little after our two trips to Labor and Delivery. They are keeping a close watch on her heart rate but it seems to be doing pretty well, with good fluctuations and good accelerations. We're watching her as closely as the doctors, and probably spend too much time looking up information on the internet. Sometimes we just don't want to know - we just want to be expectant and nervous parents, hoping for the best.

Our neighbors are keeping an eye on our house, and the cats are doing fine at the house with my occasional visits to feed them and hang out with them. They've never liked me more than they do now, if I sit down on the couch for two minutes when I get home, Bailey is up on my lap. When we get home, I think the cats' allegiance will have switched from Angie to me. Not that I really want it, but it would be funny. Without any wheelchair rides (we've been staying low-key since the trips to L&D), Angie is more confined than ever, but if we get a solid week of the baby looking good, I think we'll get back outside on the next nice day.

Our celebration for 27 weeks consisted of pizza, and a beer for me and sparkling cider for Angie. 28 weeks is only 5 days away, and that has always been one of our biggest milestones. Might take a little extra to celebrate that one. Thank you all for everything and for all your thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate it.
The Meyers

2 comments:

  1. Hello to the three of you...
    I'm glad to hear you are back in antepartum. I've been sick all week, so I'm not coming to see you for a while. Keep up the blogging--it's great to hear how you are doing. Angie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there - you haven't heard much from me, but I have been following the blog and Facebook entries. You have a little fighter! 28 weeks will be a huge milestone. I am afraid to visit in person - wary of daycare germs that make their way home w/ Amaya - but my thoughts are w/ you! Kevin, if you want to have a beer sometime next week, let me know. Mike S.

    ReplyDelete