Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bumps in the road...

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Our weather looked pretty good. That probably doesn't mean much coming from the confines of the hospital. Either way I hope you all did something fun. We had somewhat of an interesting weekend. Going into the weekend we were starting to see some variability in the baby's heart rate and I was having a few contractions. By Sunday afternoon things seemed to be escalating a little so our Sunday afternoon monitoring bought us a trip to labor and delivery for 24 hour monitoring. So we packed a few things and headed over. We put the baby on the monitor and just hoped for the best.
Sidenote: Labor and delivery beds are horribly uncomfortable!! I don't know if they do this to encourage you to get the baby out so you can get off the bed or if they are saving on cost and hoping that a laboring mom won't notice since she is in horrific pain anyway.
Anyway, by Monday the baby looked pretty good and things seemed to have calmed down. She behaved pretty well all day and they finally told us we could come back to antipartum last night. We were very excited. Not only so I could get back to a more comfortable bed but just to be that extra step away from delivery.
Tomorrow will be 27 weeks! Gosh that sounds alot better than 24 weeks. We will be having some sort of celebration for passing another week. It will probably consist of whatever mom is craving for dinner! (at least that is what I am hoping)
We had an ultrasound done on her today. Things look pretty good. She is of course measuring a little small for her age but I am sure it is not easy to grow when you don't have any room. She put on about 8 oz. over the last 2 1/2 weeks. They estimate her at about 1 lb. 12 oz. Like I said, a little small for her age but she is definatly growing and moving so we consider that all positive.
We are excited to be passing 27 weeks tomorrow and we now have our sights set on 28!!

The Meyer's

4 comments:

  1. hello :) i was at work last night and checked the census in antepartum just to make sure you were still there :) i love checking up on the whole hospital!! haha!! i work again this weekend so if i am downtown and get a chance to stop by and say hi i will! glad you have made it to 27!!!! that's exciting!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, 27 weeks is awesome! I have been thinking about you guys a lot, I am glad you have this blog. I am going to be pretty busy for about 6 more weeks, so hang tight and I will come visit ya! Wish I could play cards with ya! Keep up the good work and think happy thoughts, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie - we just found out that you were expecting, of course Brett probably knew and just didn't tell me :) CONGRATS We will certainly keep you in our prayers. All seems to be heading to a happy ending and we can't wait to hear the next part of the story. Good luck! Katherine & Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kiddo,
    I just recently tuned in and I wanted to say Im thinking of you guys everyday. I wish you all the best and more. Hugs to everyone!

    ReplyDelete