Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Bird's Eye View

It is even fun for ME to read Angie's postings because it is interesting to see things from her perspective, as warped as it is sometimes. Just kidding! We are both very excited to have reached 26 weeks. I'm not sure either one of us thought we could get here when we started, but now that we are we want so much more. 28 weeks. Maybe even 30 or more weeks. At the rate we're going we might make it, but we both know that things could turn pretty fast if Angie starts running a fever or something else happens. Instead of dwelling on any bads thoughts though, we just cherish every day that our little girl is able to put on more pounds and develop a little bit more. So we couldn't be happier to have made it this far and we rejoice with every passing week.

The weeks have actually gone by pretty fast, looking back from where we're at now. Of course, that's from my perspective, and I'm not the one that has to sit in bed all day trying to find things to keep me busy. Instead, I wander down to work or run errands in the evening. I'm pretty fortunate to have flexibility at work, so instead of going to my regular office I've just been working from our HQ office, which is conveniently located just minutes from the hospital. I can run over in the morning, come back to the hospital every day to share lunch with Angie, then head back for a few hours of work in the afternoon. We have so appreciated all the food everyone has made for us, it has really made my life easier not having to worry about that every night. And the visits Angie gets continues to brighten her dayk, so thank you all for that. We really couldn't have asked for better treatment here at the hospital either - both the doctors and the nurses have been outstanding and put up with Angie and me with ease. In actuality, we're probably some of the easiest patients they get, and they seem to appreciate that. The longer we remain ideal patients, the farther along we know we'll be, so we are happy to oblige. Of course, Angie does all the work, and from my perspective, I can't imagine how agonizing it would be to lay in bed all day, every day. You joke that you would love to spend the whole day in bed, but when you have to actually do it, day after day, it ain't very easy at all. Amazingly, she hardly ever complains, but instead takes it all in stride and just does as much as she can to keep our little unborn girl growing, right where she is. Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers, and for all the help you have given us. We appreciate it more than you know.

The Meyers

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE getting these updates! I am praying for you guys everyday! I can't wait for her to come....all in God's timing. : ) Sounds like she is progressing and developing wonderfully! Much love to you both.

    ReplyDelete